Tuesday 13 October 2009

Mt.Lavinia in Sri Lanka in December 2006

I had a great oppotunity to go to Sri Lanka in 2006. I wanted to visit India since I was young because I was interrented in ethnic culture, fashion and food so the oppotunity of visiting Sri Lanka was a good chance to understand its culture which is similler to India.

Honey and I stayed at Mt.Lavinia Hotel, is one of the luxually hotel in Sri Lanka. I remenber the price was around $10000 per night at that time(previous price might be higher than its tripple price..)

The building of Mt.Lavinia used to the house for .........................so it is small size hotel with standerd size swimming pool; however, hotel has incredibly beautiful sea side view from pool side.
Environment is totally diffrerent from out side local erea, (I still remenber that I could see local train below from the coast and a lot of people were taking train even people sat on the loof of train.) and there was no any special place and shop near hotel so people stayed in this hotel only enjoyed view and accomodation in the hotel. the foods that hotel served was excellent. many range of breakfast that I was surprised and we ate dinner at pool side table with candle servise.

I loved sitting pool side and having English Style Afternoon Tea! ($ in 2006) and at dusk we could see Sun Set over the sea....it was stanning.

and one more thing ...I saw very special ceremony in the hotel. Some local rich familyies were holding Braidal Ceremony in this hotel. It was local style and very luxually....I also felt happy through their happy smile....




one day:we went out to Colombo city and also we visited AsokarameTemple .


The first purpose is buying tea and tea set! [Mellesna] is the most famous tea company in Sri Lanka. there is shop in the city. at that time I bough several type of tea and tea pot as well which was traditional picture on it; however, I broke it few month later...it was very sad!(another...there were only a few hand craft shop in the city ...
one day: we visite

Mt.Lavinia is one of the my favorite hotel I have stayed in and also I want to visit one more time because at that time I did not very understand my Honey well so we could't not make great memory....; moreover, I still want to see the Tea Productive Field. But it is very sad it begun civil war in Sri Lanka after one year we visited and couldn't go for few years. I hope that popole could see beautiful place in Sri Lanka in anytime....

No comments:

Post a Comment